The Truth is out there

Although Many believe different things if you allow yourself to ask the question someone out there will give you an answer. If your looking for that here you should seek medical help quick...

Thursday, November 17, 2005

About 3 fiddy

The question of the day is can you put a price on friendship? After having an interesting and insightful dinner with a friend it came into my mind that having "friends" is a high value. But at what cost? Do you have a friend or are you the type of friend that would drop everything to help/support someone in need? Do you have a friend that is willing just to listen and not concerned about their own agenda but there to be an Ear and not a Mouth? I guess there is some comfort in knowing that I look at myself as someone that always will be there for people if they ask and I do consider myself a good listener. But am I a good friend? Am I the one that people have to call right away to let them know something is up or something went wrong? Am I that friend that people just want to call up so that I can come over and have fun with and hang out with? Do people consider me the life of the party or at least someone that should always be at the party? My values tell me that being the life of the party and having a need to always being somewhere that other people are at is not right. No single person should be required to be called at every single gathering no individual would look at themselves and say damn I had fun at that party but since I wasn't the "life" of the party it wasn't really that much fun. So what do I define as friends and friendships that hold value? I think it comes down to acceptance. I feel that if people that you can call your friends accept you for who you are and not necessarily what you believe in than those people will hold your friendship with a higher value. I can think of many times that being somewhere that wasn't that accepting felt as though life really couldn't suck any more. But when you are in an environment that people welcome your company because the truly just enjoy you being there than those are the times that life is the way it is supposed to be. You don't have to have a mission everyday or every weekend to be somewhere like that. But when you can escape from some of societies more grueling days and hang out with friends and just unwind and vent well than life in general becomes easier. Friends that listen and accept you for who you are will enhance your life just by being there. I am glad to have the people in my life that I feel give me a feeling of acceptance and I truly enjoy just hanging out with because if I had all the money in the world and nobody that I could call a friend nothing in my mind could be poorer.

Craig Remeika

--
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.362 / Virus Database: 267.13.3/173 - Release Date: 11/16/2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home