The Truth is out there

Although Many believe different things if you allow yourself to ask the question someone out there will give you an answer. If your looking for that here you should seek medical help quick...

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Ponder Me this

Well I wanted to wait a day before I put up a post of my poker experience. For those of you who don't know John Hawkins holds a monthly poker get together. Which normally turns out to be a Hawkins give me your money thanks for visiting get together. Last night was no real difference except for the fact that the Hawkins clan did not take any of the money spots (a first I think since I've been going). The reason I wanted to wait is because for one of the first times after a Poker game I felt dejected. I knew that when I looked back at my hands that I played, that there really wasnt much I could have done differently. I played pocket pairs strong I called when I had good draws and I folded at least 3 times at exactly the right time. So what do I think my reason for going out in 11th place? I really couldnt tell you but I think my utter lack of any luck whatsoever might have something to do with it. I played a side game and I played better in that game but even then I really couldnt catch any freakin cards. I would say (or I would hope I could say) that I went out gracefully. I dont remember cussing and I dont remember getting all that mad. I do remember throwing the glasses that I was wearing down onto the table but they were Johns glasses so it didnt bother me. So whats next for me and my poker I dont know but damn I hate it when I fork out money and play good and nothing comes of it.

One good thing did come out of this weekend though. I won an Ebay auction without having to fight anybody for it. You might be asking what the hell is that for and when the hell I took up Scuba diving. And I would say its for climbing and I didn't take up Scuba (not that I might never). You see as I keep training for my Climbing competitions it becomes abundantly clear that I need to strengthen up a bit (ok maybe a hell of a lot). I can put that weight belt around my skinny ass waist and actually give my arms a workout. The cool thing is that Phil (the owner of the gym) has a set similar to this that I can use the weights from and increase my training just that little bit more.

1 Comments:

At November 21, 2005 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's the first time that the wife or myself didn't finish in the money in quite a while. I realize I've gained some great experience at playing in home games. No offence to anybody who plays, but the play, in general, isn't great. Myself included. So, I've adapted to a style that lets me stay out of harms way until I really need to make a move. And, that plan has served me well.

But, in true donkey style, I gave away most of my chips by talking myself in to calling a bet that I knew for sure I had to be way behind. When the cards were turned over and I saw how far behind, it just proved my point. So, chalk it up to experience and move on...

and, as for going out in 11th, wouldn't you say that's better than your normal 4th place showing? At least this time you didn't even get to sniff pay dirt. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home