The Truth is out there

Although Many believe different things if you allow yourself to ask the question someone out there will give you an answer. If your looking for that here you should seek medical help quick...

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

2006 World Series

Is it just me or is the fact that the 2005 World Series of poker was just a bit too big. I love the exposure that poker is getting because I believe it will trickle down to people like me to were all kinds of tourneys and events will be more available because of the popularity. But there has got to be a limit (no pun intended) to how big or how it is organized. Why you might ask because contrary to popular belief I don't like watching 5000+ dead money players hash it out and gun after the pros just because they are there. I want to watch big battles between the pros. I like seeing the little guy win don't get me wrong because hell that's the American way. Strength in numbers baby. Maybe they should set it up to where the pros and the amateurs are in separate categories and they take the top 50 or 100 in each group after they are whittled down then combine the Tourney that way there's still a fighting chance for both sides.


1 Comments:

At November 07, 2005 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The 2006 schedule has already been released. The RIO has added 3 more events. Well, technically, they removed some events and added in a bunch, but the total works out to 45 events. There were 42 last year. The sad part is, they are removing all the mixed game tournaments and just throwing in more No-Limit hold 'em tourneys. And, of course they are all the low buy-in tourneys. Like Craig said, for myself, I'm thrilled. This means that I will likely be able to play in at least 2 events next year. But, then again, I end up losing when it comes time to watch them on ESPN. Unless you don't mind watching No-Limit all day every day. But, I enjoy watching Omaha and I'd LOVE to watch Razz and especially the mixed event games. I think that would be awesome. But, that just isn't gonna happen. It's gonna be the 2006 World Series of Hold 'em. sigh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home