The Truth is out there

Although Many believe different things if you allow yourself to ask the question someone out there will give you an answer. If your looking for that here you should seek medical help quick...

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I love my Luck Wholeheartedly!

For those of you who know me you would say that I play an ok amount of poker. Not an extreme amount but more than your average bear. If you have played in a game with me you would know of my luck or lack thereof sometimes. (along with my angered facial expressions). I could say that the majority of the time I play ok and have room for a lot of improvement but I dont really ever sit back and say that I would win only if I was a better skilled player. Believe me I know where I stand on where my skill is but hey I am trying. What tends to happen more often than not is I am involved in hands that will eliminate me from the tourneys or games with strong cards and good odds and end up losing. The cards are in my favor but the other person I am against will be given one of the very few cards that will allow them to trump my hand. It is generally a higher straight or better flush or heck in the last tourney I had pocket Jacks, Brian R. had pocket Queens, and Ashley had pocket Kings! Who can tell me how many hands they have been involved in where those kind of hands were against each other? Oh and of course I lost that hand big time. I am growing closer to coming to terms with the luck that has been given to me but thats not the point of this Blog. You see I realize all the time that I am blessed with a truly great Wife. I could not imagine having to put up with me on a daily basis. However, Ashley does it and she does it with a smile. So it got me to thinking that the reason I have perpetual bad luck is because God has graced me with a Wife like her. What better luck could a man have than to luck out to get her. So it must be that whatever lucky streaks I was going to be a part of have been consolidated into one big amalgamation. You see Ashley and I 6 years ago couldn't be more different. I was a long haired vegetarian climber and she was a clean cut recent High School Grad. I worked in a warehouse where I would get dirty every single day and I lived in a house with another bachelor. She worked for Bank of America and lived with her parents. I drove a Jeep Wrangler with chrome horns on the front (true story) and she had a nice Honda Civic. So I realize today that as we play Resident Evil on the playstation and as we frequent Poker Tourneys together that I truly have someone that I can do things with and we can enjoy each others company. Despite all the things that made us different before, our lives have grown together to appreciate the important things. She is still the clean cut professional with a nice vehicle but I am now a clean cut climber that has a professional job and actual potential. She saw that and said yes to my absolutly horrific proposal. Now I get to be the one that sees her everyday and I am the one that gets to experience the traveling, the fun, the church, the poker, the kids, the stress and the crazy together. I wouldn't trade my luck for anything.

1 Comments:

At June 16, 2006 12:45 PM, Blogger Geoff said...

You had long hair??

Please brings pics to the next tournament. I need to see that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home