The Truth is out there

Although Many believe different things if you allow yourself to ask the question someone out there will give you an answer. If your looking for that here you should seek medical help quick...

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Ace Jack Baby!


Ok so it's not pretty but I will take it. Last night after the Annual 606 Diaries award Gala John and I played a couple minutes of poker (shut it Ashley). The structure of the game is a best of 3 heads-up Hold em tourney. During the first set of games it was all John. I really didn't show any signs of winning. The second set was all together a different story. John won the first game but that was the last of John's fun. The second game was nearly over when I realized a hand I thought I lost was actually a split pot. This was perfect since I had a good amount of chips to keep going. It was a true showing of a grind session. I was wearing John down, it was all about the setup. The winning hand for me was King Jack off versus Ace King. This is not what I want to see but I had to expect something from John with him calling my all in. A Jack was the door card and John did not know what hit him. The third game began yet another grind session. I won a couple good pots and lost a few. The winning hand came when I had Ace Jack and John went all in. I called and what do you know John has Ace King again. So I have one live card to end the series and get my five bucks back. Out comes the flop and another jaw dropping Jack comes out as the door card. Wahoo! I sucked out on John as he does on far too many occasions. I guess this is what he feels like all the time! That's right don't make me come in here again and tell you again!

On a side note the 606 gathering was quite fun. I was able to meet many of the contributors to that blog and have a good dinner with Todd. I was outvoted on many of my choices for the awards. I am not down about it though since most of my votes were based off of the fact that a half naked or scantly clad female was pictured. This was obviously not the voting practices of the other visitors to this site but I digress. Until next year may his pictures be clear and exciting and most importantly include more chicks in bikinis!

Peace Out!

2 Comments:

At February 10, 2007 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Craig's mantra:

Poker, Poker, It's all skill. Start with the worst hand and go uphill.

 
At February 12, 2007 3:36 PM, Blogger Tanniyn said...

Funny! Well I do want to thank you for playin. It has been a long time since I have been able to sit down and analyze my game like that. I didn't realize I was such a grinder. Good thing too since Ace Hack was by far one of my best starting hands in quite some time. All in all I still had fun even though I just broke even.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home