The Truth is out there

Although Many believe different things if you allow yourself to ask the question someone out there will give you an answer. If your looking for that here you should seek medical help quick...

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Read "No More Teacher's Dirty Looks"

Do you ever think this will ever fly? I have always thought schools can do better with what they have. What I do realize however though is that teachers (some not all) no longer have the same motivation. Since I was (for a short while) a teacher I know the pressures of getting through a set curriculum and yet somehow try to keep it interesting enough so that I was not speaking to coma victims. The flaw I see in this persons statement however is that he is using ultimates like "all students" but what of those that make the school paper and the cheerleader group? What of their experiences within the current school structure? I strongly beleive there is enough people on both sides of the fence to keep an arguement like this going for days. My two cents, pay the teachers more. Maybe then you'll regain the necessary excitement needed to keep a class of slackers geeks and jocks equally attentive. Maybe thats only the tip of the iceberg but if I can make Anatomy somewhat interesting I tend to believe some one can find a way to make english palpable.

2 Comments:

At January 05, 2006 4:19 PM, Blogger COD said...

How does paying the teachers more improve the attitudes of the slackers and geeks?

And do we really want teachers that are only in it for the money?

There is nothing positive happening in school that can't be recreated outside of school, and usually faster/cheaper/better.

 
At January 09, 2006 4:42 PM, Blogger Tanniyn said...

By paying teachers more I don't assume that would ever change the attitude of the slackers and/or geeks I want to see the attitude change in the teachers. If they are happier than it will reflect somewhat in how the come across to the student and how the represent their field. I am positive that no matter what the amount of money you pay a teacher most of them would say they are not in it for the money. But if you look at some of the starting pay of some of these teachers it's pretty sad that they aren't compensated for their impact on the children of america.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home