The Truth is out there

Although Many believe different things if you allow yourself to ask the question someone out there will give you an answer. If your looking for that here you should seek medical help quick...

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Work in Progress

After another adventure at the Hawkins Tourney I came up empty handed (literally). I did however make some good plays I bluffed with AQo and took down a big pot. I made two obvious bad calls. I knew it after/during putting my chips in the pot. I analyzed the situation afterwards and tried to make some mental notes. But in the end my K7o did not get any better against Carl's (the eventual winner) AQo. (this is where the work in progress comes in) Apparently I was steaming after gettin knocked out. This may seem like a normal expected response for being knocked out of a tourney but in true Remeika fashion I guess I was wearing my emotions on my shoulders. I say "I guess" since in my mind I was trying to make a concious effort to be sportsman-like and respectfully walk away, but my wife informed me later it wasn't as it seemed. I know that my hand wasn't going to be the best, I was hoping that everyone was going to go away. Ashleys observation however of my reaction is completly different than what I felt I was putting out there. So on I go into the basement trying to pinpoint when it is that I go into that zone of Hyper-emotional and get all poopy-pants on everyone, so that I can figure out when I need to put myself back in check. Hell this time I hardly spoke out and I listend to music the majority of the time. It was quite nice and I'm sure for others also. I don't see myself (hope no one else does either) as a Mike "the Mouth" or a Phil Hellmuth, however it is no excuse if I respond in a way where people feel they have to walk on eggshells. I don't want to be "that guy" and I apologize to those that have to put up with me in those states while I get myself figured out.

p.s. thanks to anyone that has helped me realize when I'm being a dick. without your feedback i'm not going to get any better and I like havin fun with you guys.

Peace Out! Eh

1 Comments:

At July 04, 2006 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man, I'm right there with you. I like to think that I'm able to keep my emotons to myself, but it's not always that easy. Money aside, I'm competitive and want to WIN! When I don't, I'm not happy. Period!

To give you an example of my super poor sportsmanship, here's a little of what happened on Sunday at the $100 tourney... Well, not so much in the tourney, but afterwards in the cash game...

I limp in with K/8 of hearts. The flop comes out 8/8/4. I bet out, Carl raises, I move all-in, he calls. He turns over Q/8. A Queen hits the river and he busts me out.

At this point, I am completely gracious, pat the table and say "Nice hand."

I rebuy.

Few hands later, I pick up pocket jacks in early position. I raise, Charles re-raises, I move all-in, he calls. He has pocket 9s. I say, "Don't worry, it's coming." A 9 hits the river. He busts me out.

I'm a little less gracious at this point when I say, "Nice hand."

I rebuy.

On the VERY NEXT HAND I get pocket queens (still in early position). I raise, Joe re-raises me. I move all-in and he calls. He flips over A/J. I'm quite annoyed at this point already and I say, "Just go ahead and push it over there in front of him." The flop comes out with a Jack and the mother F'n river is an Ace. I was visably pissed at this point. I did NOT rebuy and the game split up shortly after.

I used the words, "Fucking Joke" several times. Not directed at anybody, just in general. It's nobody's fault that these things happen. Carl was perfectly right to think he was good in that spot. I'm happy he called right there. I have him killed. Same thing with Charles, I'm more than happy to get my money in as a 4:1 favorite. Joe, hell, next time I have pocket queens, I'd love to gamble all my money against A/J. I don't expect to win these hands every time they come up. But, to lose 3 in such rapid sucession hurt. A lot.

At the last tourney, it crossed my mind that you may have been keeping extra quiet on purpose. I, for one, didn't like it. I like when you are yapping it up. Making silly comments (yes, even when you comment on EVERYTHING). That's who you are. I like that guy. Come over. Be loud. Talk a lot. As long as you are having fun. And when I finally bust you out (you know it's gonna happen), pat the table and say "nice hand, fucker!" You'll feel better and I promise to laugh. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home