The Truth is out there

Although Many believe different things if you allow yourself to ask the question someone out there will give you an answer. If your looking for that here you should seek medical help quick...

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Waiting is Crap!


Since Hawkins throws his poker tourney just once a month Ashley and I generally use that as our only source of Poker fun. This is just not conducive to building on my Poker skills. I have little to none of the aforementioned skills and therefore need to remedy this. I propose a mid-month poker tourney or even better a CASH game. I know that the previous team donk attempt at a cash game schedule went well for quite some time. That is until the never ending bad beats and overbearing visiting to the Hawkins house lead to its demise. I don't know how they did it every week that's a lot of work. Anyways since I am putting it out there (and also onto here) I propose we introduce a new monthly tradition. But I need some help since I don't know where everyone lives or how willing everyone is to travel for such a thing. Who out there has poker tables at their house? Who would be willing to host such an event? Who would be willing to deal TODD!!!!? Since I do not have a poker table it would be hard for me to say I'd be willing but I can probably talk the wife into doing it at least once (Poker jackasses keep it clean) in our house. Bottom line I miss the cash game I miss the banter at the table at said cash game and Hell I miss Todd dealing the game. So what do ya say what can we do we are grown peoples we can put our collective minds together to come up with some half-assed plan.

5 Comments:

At March 20, 2007 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This topic is coming up a lot lately. I am going to speak to the wife about it and see if we can re-institute a regular cash game at the house. We have the table (the Smurf Turf, as Charles calls it), we have the chips & chairs, now we just need to decide on a night and get 'er done.

Tuesday night is pretty much out since that's the weekly Team Donk online Tourney, but I'm thinking that we may be able to do something like every other Wednesday. That way it's not too many nights per month.

Please note, I plan on keeping the $0.25/$0.50 blind structure but will raise the buy-in to $40 max.

I will let you know the results ASAP.

 
At March 20, 2007 4:49 PM, Blogger Tanniyn said...

Now that's the kind of response that is what Donkdom is all about. Todd where you at? You in for dealin if the opportunity comes up? I love the .25/.50 structure. If it is any higher 1) you lose how many will play 2) imagine how bad the beats would be.. it's a home game of fun and togetherness not lets get paid of our friends.

 
At March 20, 2007 5:47 PM, Blogger Todd said...

all right...all right...I'll do it! It's just as well we haven't had the game in a while because there is absolutely zero chance I would have had time to do it in the last 3 months. Thankfully it's finally getting to the point where I'll be able to do such a thing again. I just keep sitting around here in my office shuffling crappy cards just for fun.

 
At March 21, 2007 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After a conversation with the wife, we have decided to decline the opportunity to host the home cash game. Several items came in to consideration for this decision. Too much to go in to here.

If somebody else is willing to host, I will be more than happy to:

1. Lend one of the folding poker tables.
2. Lend my set of chips.
3. Attend and donk the hell out of all of you.

 
At March 22, 2007 5:27 AM, Blogger Tanniyn said...

In my original thought process I didn't want to bring this up under the presumption that I was saying "hey Geek start hosting the cash game again" it was important for me to state that I remember having fun with everyone else but no one else was willing to put their house up for hosting. That is where the tragedy lay, if we could get all the donks that played that game regularly to commit to once every other month or even less then I think it would be successful. To be honest Geeks house is not very close to my house and I would be totally happy if the person hosting this lived somewhere within a 20 minute drive. This isn't life or death people lets just get another game goin. I like the lending the table and chips idea as it would give me something to bring up with Ashley....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home